Weekly Photo Challenge: Foreign
I was thinking through all the things that have felt foreign to me as I have traveled, like language:
And the familiar that isn’t so familiar:
And architecture that is strange like this in Kyrgyzstan:
It has been foreign to see how familiar foods are used differently, like the potatoes that were cut in half, put back together with a piece of chicken skin between and then put on a charcoal grill. I had some anxiety about eating a piece of slimy chicken skin but that was discarded – the purpose being to cook the inside of the potato and to add flavor. Very good.
However the most recent experience of “life feeling foreign” was our transition from living at our northern home –
to living in our southern US home!
We change from north to south and back to north again four times a year and each time the new environment feels foreign. Not only the landscape but also where I keep the silverware and scotch tape.
To see more posts from the Weekly Photo Challenge – Foreign or to add your own fun entry go to the Daily Post at WordPress.com
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Foreign (hereandthere5.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Foreign (smkelly8.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Foreign (requestingtruth.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Foreign (jinancitydailyphoto.wordpress.com)
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Foreign (dailypost.wordpress.com)